Call for Submissions
Carp F*cking Diem. That’s the motto of every woman in this anthology of twisted tales of romance, heartbreak, and good old one-night stands.
So many romance stories focus on the broken-hearted women pining for their knight in shining armor. Poor souls pushed aside, cheated on, or left feeling that they needed a man to complete them and define their identity.
F*ck that. Not these women. These characters own their stories, and their real struggles of divorce, unfaithful spouses, or dangerous exes were merely training grounds for the
This is a collection of stories about love, sex, and redemption. Stories about finding their worthy partner (or partners), fulfilling their desires, or finding themselves through sexual and emotional exploration with another – but on their terms.
These women don’t need a man to define them. They want a man because men are strong, sexy, and batteries are expensive. They call the shots. They take the lead.
And these girls are f*cking on top.
Stories should explore the human condition in relationships and destroy fabricated social constructs. Redefine what it means to be in love and the words we use to describe the concept itself. We want readers to grip the pages in expectation as they wait for the climax.
- Your manuscript should be in DOC, DOCX, or RTF file format only.
- Word counts should be between 2,000-8,000 words.
- Be sure to proof your work before submitting. First impressions matter.
- Simultaneous submissions are ok.
- No multiple submissions.
We want and value diverse voices and stories that represent them.
THINGS TO SUBMIT IF YOU WANT AN AUTOMATIC REJECTION
- Straight up literary porn. There needs to be a storyline that drives the plot forward.
- Underage characters involved in any physical sexual act. Not even a question here.
- No rape or abuse. Emotional abuse is also very real abuse. Don’t do it.
- Bestiality. Shifters are fine as long as they are not in full animal form.
- Any negative language that villainizes, degrades, or stereotypes any race, religion, gender, gender expression, identity, orientation, class, disability, age, origin, marital status, or political affiliation. We do not put up with this nonsense.
- Simultaneous submissions are OK
- Reprints OK
- Contracts require 90 day exclusive rights, with continuing non-exclusive right to reprint or revise in the anthology’s future editions
- Payment is one printed copy of the anthology and .01/word with a cap of $75 per story